The following checklist is meant as a guide for CHASS users who are nearing completion of their theses. It is important to take note of these issues well in advance of your deadline. CHASS recommends you begin looking into these issues at least a month before your thesis is due.
Disclaimer: CHASS provides an Electronic Publishing Centre which may be reserved for final thesis output. The laser printer is given regular toner changes, and CHASS supplies 20 lb. bond thesis quality paper (for one draft copy). You are highly encouraged to bring your own paper. CHASS can only guarantee a good quality draft printout. If you have special needs regarding: specialized software, high quality printouts, or other demands beyond CHASS' capabilities, you may need to go elsewhere. It is a good idea to try a test printout of several chapters of your thesis using CHASS facilities before you commit to your final printout.
- CHASS cannot be held responsible for data loss.
- Please comply with instructions from CHASS staff.
- CHASS staff do not provide extensive assistance.
Is your thesis written in a software program that is compatible with software at CHASS?
- Check with for updates on current software availability.
- if you need to convert (upgrade) your thesis, give yourself enough time to edit the new version.
- if you are converting your thesis to a newer software version, be sure to save the file(s) with a different name to your original. This way you always have your original thesis on diskette(s), and also a converted version with a different name (label it)
- if you require specialized software, fonts, or foreign characters, you will need to bring your own licenced copy and show proof of it. can then load the software for a specified amount of time.
Is the quality of print out at CHASS sufficient for your needs?
- CHASS provides 20 lb. bond thesis quality paper for one draft copy. However, you are encouraged to bring your own paper.
- CHASS staff change toner cartridges on a regular basis. Toners will only be changed if staff believe the quality of output is not clear enough.
- if you have specialized printing needs, you may need to use another facility. See below:
Thesis Binding/Copy Centres (Toronto)
228 St. George Street, Unit 20
500 King Street West, Suite 200A (West of Spadina)
FedEx Kinko's Copy Centre
459 Bloor St. W. (Bloor & Spadina Location)
Open 24 hours
Scholar House Productions
100 Harbord Street
The Fine Print Copy Centre
6 College Street (Yonge & College)
10 St. Mary Street, Suite 500
100 St. George Street (Sidney Smith Hall), Room 516
- 10 St. Mary Street, Suite 500