CHASS Computer Labs
For details about the CHASS labs, see their individual web pages:
- Access to all lab computers require the user to acquire a CHASS computing account and password. These accounts are free, and new applications are normally processed within 24 business hours. Access to the lab is free and open to qualifying graduate students, staff, and faculty of the humanities and social science departments and centres.
- For help with technical difficulties in the lab, contact the CHASS Computer Lab Specialist, Mark Austerberry Phone: 978-3974.
- The Robarts Graduate Lab is equipped with a number of PC and Macintosh workstations on a local network, as well as an X terminal, all connected to the University backbone via CHASS servers. The Robarts lab follows the Library opening hours. Access to all workstations requires a CHASS userid and password. Adjacent to the graduate lab is a small Electronic Publishing Centre equipped with 3 Pentium PC's and Two HP Scanners.
- CHASS also provides hardware and network support for the Multimedia Centre for Learning in the Humanities on the 3rd floor of Carr Hall, St. Michael's College, and on the 2nd floor of University College, used primarily, though not exclusively, as a language learning facility. The Carr Hall lab features 30 Pentium workstations, plus one instructor's Pentium, as well as an R & D lab with 3 Pentium and 1 PowerMac. The University College lab features 30 Pentium workstations, plus one instructor's Pentium.
When using the graduate lab, please keep in mind the following rules & regulations:
- No eating, drinking, or
- No sharing of passwords with other
- No use of the site by anyone other than
- No reserving space at a workstation.
Workstations reboot automatically if left unattended for more than
15 minutes, at which time another user may use the
- No simultaneous printing or printing of
multiple copies (additional copies must be printed elsewhere), or
bulk-printing (please use EPC for bulk printing)
- Installing software programs is not permitted
- No computer configuration
- Please converse quietly
- No use of cell phones
- Please comply with instructions from CHASS
- Thank-you for your courtesy.