Configuration Settings for Thunderbird 2
Follow the instructions below to set up IMAP access in Thunderbird 2.0.
- Open Thunderbird, and select Tools > Account Settings.
- Click Add Account.
- Choose Email account and click Next.
- Enter your full name in the Your Name field. Enter your CHASS Email address (email@example.com) in the Email Address field. Click Next to continue.
- Select IMAP as the type of incoming server. Enter 'cmail.chass.utoronto.ca' in the Incoming Server field. Click Next.
- Enter your full CHASS email address for both the Incoming User Name and Outgoing User Name. Click Next.
- In the Account Name field enter 'CHASS Cmail'. Click Next. Verify all the details then click finish.
- Select Server Settings from the folder list below your new account.
- In the Security Settings section, select SSL from the Use secure connection options.
- Enter 'cmail.chass.utoronto.ca' in the Server Name field. Enter '993' in the Port field. In the Security Settings section enter 'SSL/TLS' for the Connection Security field.
- Click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the account list.
- Click on Add....
- Enter 'CHASS Cmail SMTP' in the Description field. The Server Name is 'cmail.chass.utoronto.ca'. Check Use name and password with the User Name being your full CHASS email address. Finally select 'SSL' from the Use secure connection section.
- You can delete any other CHASS-related SMTP server settings now.
- Click on 'CHASS Cmail' in the account list. Select 'CHASS Cmail SMTP' in the drop down list Outgoing Server (SMTP).
- You're done. Click OK.