Configuration Settings for Outlook 2003
To set up your Outlook 2003 client to work with CHASS Email:
- Open Outlook.
- Click the Tools menu, and select E-mail Accounts...
- Click Add a new e-mail account, then click Next.
- Choose IMAP as your server type by clicking the radio button, and click Next.
- Fill in all necessary fields to include the following information:
- Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in the From: field of outgoing messages.
- Email Address: Enter your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): cmail.chass.utoronto.ca
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): cmail.chass.utoronto.ca
- User Name: Enter your full email address (including @cmail.chass.utoronto.ca)
Password: Enter your Email password.
- Click More Settings... and then click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication' and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the Advanced tab, and check the box next to 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' under Incoming Server (IMAP).
- Check the box next to 'This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' under Outgoing Server (SMTP), and enter 465 in the Outgoing server (SMTP) box.
- Click OK.
- Click Test Account Settings... After receiving the message 'Congratulations! All tests completed successfully', click Close.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.